Washington University of St. Louis Staff Scientist - Neuroscience - 48698 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neuroscience and is located on the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for developing and conducting research projects in the field of axon regeneration, which includes experimental design, implementation, data analysis, documentation, and reporting of experimental results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Per discussion with the principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics, prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems related to equipment or test subjects. Suggests practical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to the research project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree with four years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling nine years.
- Analytical, resasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Neuroscience - 48698
Job ID: 48698
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time