Washington University of St. Louis Senior Scientist - Molecular Microbiology - 41323 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Molecular Microbiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Khader Lab in the Department of Molecular Microbiology at Washington University in St. Louis has an immediate opening for a highly motivated candidate with a Ph.D. and at least three years applicable experience to join a fast-paced environment. The laboratory of Dr. Shabaana Khader is interested in investigating parameters that mediate protective immunity to the pulmonary infectious disease, tuberculosis. The primary focus of the work includes, but is not limited to:
- Studying immune parameters using gene deficient mice and mouse models of tuberculosis.
- Testing vaccine strategies and host direct therapeutics that protect against tuberculosis.
- Characterizing the role of granulomas in immunity to tuberculosis.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with PI on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintaining required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Manages research project with other institutions and investigators.
Requires PhD, M.D. or equivalent terminal degree and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Prior experience working with mouse models.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Extensive prior experience in cell, molecular biology or related fields.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and technical publications.
- Must be able to work well independently or as a team member.
The hiring range for this position is $53,830 - $72,675 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Scientist - Molecular Microbiology - 41323
Job ID: 41323
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time