Washington University of St. Louis Senior Scientist - Gastroenterology - 48975 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator (PI) on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with PI on the design, conduct, and reporting of research projects.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting. May submit grant proposals in rare circumstances with the approval of the PI, Department Head and Dean.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Prepares and conducts experiments related to research project(s).
- Assists with interpretation and analysis of data.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintaining required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Manages research projects with other institutions and investigators.
- Assists with training new staff/personnel on experimental techniques and laboratory-specific safety precautions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ph.D., M.D. or an equivalent terminal degree and at least three years of postdoctoral experience.
- Skill in mouse and tissue culture models of cellular energetics and metabolism, especially with regard to tumorigenesis.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and technical publications.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
The hiring range for this position is $53,830 - $72,675 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Scientist - Gastroenterology - 48975
Job ID: 48975
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time