Washington University of St. Louis Senior Research Technician - Radiology - 47162 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Independently performs complex research studies, experiments and assays.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs complex analysis/projects according to research protocols, explaining methods and procedures to other technicians.
Performs biochemical and molecular biological experiments, including but not limited to:
- Immunohistochemistry staining with antibodies and small molecular probes to analyze genetic changes using the animal models of central nervous disease or primary samples.
- In-situ hybridization and DNA and RNA sequencing.
- Fluorescence and confocal microscopy.
- Enzymatic assays and receptor-radioligand assays.
- Real time PCR and fluorescence-based high throughput assays.
- Provides for data entry and current data files on research projects. Monitors data to ensure consistent quality.
- May perform preliminary statistical analysis of data.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in the training and development of technicians, acting as a group leader.
Master’s degree with two years of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling seven years.
- Molecular biology and enzymatic activity analysis experience.
- General microscopy and fluorescence microscopy experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and data interpretation skills.
- Software, database and online library utilization experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, SAS statistical software, Vector NTI, BLAST, PubMed, Springer, etc.).
- Motivation for learning new techniques for medical science.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Radiology - 47162
Job ID: 47162
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time