Washington University of St. Louis Senior Research Technician - Neurology - 42141 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Independently performs complex assays and provides surgical support for IACUC approved rodent models.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex analysis/projects according to approved IACUC protocols, explaining methods and procedures to other technicians.
- Performs approved small animal procedures and maintains accurate records. Monitors data to ensure consistent quality.
- Recommends improvements to protocols and procedures.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Continuously updates knowledge to current best practices.
- Assists in the training and development of technicians, acting as a group leader.
Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 7 years required.
- Prior experience performing small animal procedures and microsurgeries.
- Prior experience with delivery and monitoring of anesthesia, including post-surgical recovery.
- Proficient in dose calculations, formulations and dilutions for drug administration.
- Experience collecting and processing of tissue and blood.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Neurology - 42141
Job ID: 42141
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time