Washington University of St. Louis Senior Research Technician - Molecular Microbiology - 49728 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Molecular Microbiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides support services for advanced cell culture for the laboratory and independently designs and performs complex research studies, experiments, and assays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support services for advanced cell culture techniques for the laboratory group and assists others with experiments.
- Works independently to perform complex experiments on projects according to established research protocols. May also develop new methods and assays based on literature review or preliminary findings.
- Provides for data entry and maintains current data files on research projects. Monitors data to ensure consistent quality.
- Performs statistical analysis of data and generates summary tables and figures. Assists with generation of reports, figures and summaries for use in publications or presentations.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides support for procurement of reagents and maintains inventory of critical materials for the laboratory.
- Works as part of the team to assure progress on projects of importance to the laboratory. Assists in the training and development of other laboratory personnel.
Master’s degree with two years of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling seven years.
- Master of Science in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biotechnology and two years of full-time experience working on independent projects in a research laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
- Demonstrated competency in isolating and characterizing primary cell cultures, ELISA, western blotting, qPCR, FACS analysis, and immunofluorescence microscopy.
- Ability to provide standard care to research animals and perform simple experimental procedures.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Molecular Microbiology - 49728
Job ID: 49728
Location: Medical School