Washington University of St. Louis Senior Research Technician - Endocrinology, Metabolism, & Lipid Research - 49954 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position independently performs complex research studies, experiments and assays. The program employs molecular biology and biochemistry techniques together with systems approaches to tackle molecular mechanisms of crosstalk between metabolism and cell signaling in the regulation of immune responses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex analysis/projects according to research protocols, explaining methods and procedures to other technicians.
- Provides for data entry and current data files on research projects. Monitors data to ensure consistent quality.
- May perform preliminary statistical analysis of data.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in the training and development of technicians, acting as a group leader.
Master’s degree with two years of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling seven years.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Endocrinology, Metabolism, & Lipid Research - 49954
Job ID: 49954
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time