Washington University of St. Louis Senior Research Technician - Cell Biology and Physiology - 42301 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Independently performs complex research studies, experiments and assays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex analysis/projects according to research protocols, explaining methods and procedures to other technicians.
- Maintains mouse colony including breeding and genotyping. Performs procedures, monitoring, and analysis.
- Performs routine molecular biology experiments, tissue culture, and protein purification/characterization by SDS PAGE, HPLC, affinity and ion exchange chromatography.
- Provides for data entry and current data files on research projects. Monitors data to ensure consistent quality. May contribute data for publications.
- May perform preliminary statistical analysis of data.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in the training and development of technicians, acting as a group leader.
- Assists with general lab maintenance, cleaning, and ordering supplies.
Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 7 years required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Cell Biology and Physiology - 42301
Job ID: 42301
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time