Washington University of St. Louis Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - Ob/Gyn - 50642 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. The position is located at the Institute of Health. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position oversees and coordinates complex or multi-site translational research studies, leads the clinical data and specimen collection for Gynecologic Oncology Tissue Biobank; serves as a resource to provide comprehensive information to clinical research staff by promoting a smooth operation, preparation of regulatory compliance and interaction with other departments; may supervise clinical research staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary liaison to PI in developing plans for research projects and discussing the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development of forms, and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study progress, data collection and coding; organizes and collects clinical data on specimens, maintains a platform for accessing this data, maintains integrity of specimen collection; develops clinical trial lab manuals; reviews journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies.
- Designs, implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; may confer with study participants to obtain completed informed consent packets, identifies problems and/or inconsistencies and monitors participant’s progress; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency, directly communicates with collaborating institutions to coordinate the collection of clinical trial specimens, assist with MTA submissions and tracking.
- Provides guidance to members of research team in the implementation and evaluation of clinical research; trains new staff; may serve as lead or as point of reference for other research coordinators for questions, staff scheduling, feedback on performance.
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; organizes and maintains required documentation on lab and/or specimen conditions, and can develop and summarize information into usable formats; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same, participates in relevant meetings.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described above.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of clinical research experience with some level of lead or supervisory experience required; master’s degree or a combination of work and education equaling seven years may substitute for this requirement.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills to ensure adherence to protocols is essential.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to learn fast and apply new methods and improvements in practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders including faculty, staff, outside institutions.
- Experience in clinical data and specimen collection.
- Ability to work on-call.
- Ability to work in lab research environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with strong critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software and lab management system.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records and reports.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $72,009 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Dr. Fuh’s research is primarily focused on ovarian and uterine cancer metastasis. Candidate will participate in translational efforts in this area. Applicants with a strong background in clinical specimen and data collection and great attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - Ob/Gyn - 50642
Job ID: 50642
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time