Washington University of St. Louis Senior Clinical Lab Technologist - Endocrinology, Metabolism, & Lipid Research - 49854 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Lipid Research. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs routine and complex assays on blood and body fluids.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine and complex assays according to laboratory Standard Operating Procedures. This includes routine maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments and equipment.
- Reviews assay data. Solves routine problems without supervisory assistance. Participates in complex problem resolution.
- Serves as a resource to medical technologists and laboratory assistants. Trains new employees.
- Assists with the development and validation of new assays. Assists with updates and the development of procedure manuals. Utilizes database, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Complies with all regulatory and client requirements for testing and documentation.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of assay methods and clinical relevance. Participates in relevant continuing education.
- Assists the supervisor with other duties and special projects as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent or associates degree (MLT) with at least 5 years relevant clinical laboratory experience and demonstrated advanced skills.
- ASCP registry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks in an organized and systematic manner, to identify problems, interpret data and recommend solutions.
The hiring range for this position is $24.65 - $31.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
The work is performed in a clinical laboratory with exposure to body fluids and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Clinical Lab Technologist - Endocrinology, Metabolism, & Lipid Research - 49854
Job ID: 49854
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time