Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Pediatric Critical Care - 49730 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments, including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions, maintenance of mouse colony and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Prepares and performs experiments with ELISA, ELISpot, basic biochemistry tests and other tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance including ordering and shipping.
- Participates (after training) in mouse surgeries.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Experience with hematology and immunology based assays, including use of flow cytometry and ELISA.
- Experience with animal handling and surgery.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical, and BSL2 pathogens. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Pediatric Critical Care - 49730
Job ID: 49730
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time