Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Pathology/Immunology - Immunobiology - 42630 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pathology/Immunology, Division of Immunobiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Artyomov Lab is seeking a motivated and organized individual to assist with a large scale research project in the aging and immunology fields. We study the molecular and metabolic details of aging in healthy human populations by using an extensive combination of omics techniques, biochemistry assays, and animal models of aging to understand the natural aging process and deficiencies that arise in old age. In addition to assisting with these assays, the technician will contribute to the general lab upkeep, sample organization, experiment documentation, and preparation of lab materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lab work includes traditional wetlab biology responsibilities – cell culture, growth inhibition assay, PCR, western blotting, etc.
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, immunology, biochemistry, or similar field
- Some experience handling mice
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate efficiently with lab staff and investigators
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Pathology/Immunology - Immunobiology - 42630
Job ID: 42630
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time