Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Neurology - 42874 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week with some nights and weekends necessary.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions, animal procedures, providing care for animals, and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with the implementation of all animal training, testing, and performance of scanning procedures.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research. Processes data and edits digital video files on computer.
- Prepares scans, animal procedures, recordings, reagents, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions. Reports signs of illness/problems to facility supervisor and/or veterinary staff.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning, including ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies.
- Assists with the supervision of part-time staff and train trainees in all of these procedures as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Background in biology and/or veterinary technology.
- Strongly prefer people with large animal training experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Experience with computers, video editing, and anesthesia desirable.
- Self-motivated, good phone and email skills.
- Ability to organize and perform some tasks independently once training has been completed.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in specialized research facility with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Neurology - 42874
Job ID: 42874
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time