Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Endocrinology, Metabolism & Lipid Research - 49539 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research, located at the Medical School Campus.
This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments, including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies and assays, including preparation of reagents, performance of experiments, and data collection.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Coordinates lab inventory for tissue cultures, chemicals, reagents, and mice.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen collections.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health/science discipline.
- Experience in cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques, including DNA and mRNA extraction, qPCR, Western blot.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration.
- Ability to maintain organized records.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Endocrinology, Metabolism & Lipid Research - 49539
Job ID: 49539
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time