Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Radiology - 42582 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Our laboratory is focused on the interactions of sex, cancer biology, nutrition, and metabolism. We are looking for a motivated individual who will assist with the basic components of a laboratory including making laboratory reagents, assisting staff with experiments, and performing experiments individually. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and excited about cutting-edge science. The job will involve a substantial amount of mammalian cancer cell culture as well as benchtop laboratory assays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research lab.
- Performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to maintain high quality laboratory notebooks.
- Experience with cell culture is preferred.
- Must be willing to learn new techniques in cancer biology and metabolism.
The hiring range for this position is $12.70 - $15.97 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Radiology - 42582
Job ID: 42582
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time