Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Psychological & Brain Sciences - 45621 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Arts & Sciences.
The Research Technician will make initial decisions about issues with participants that would cause them to not be able to complete a research study. When unusual conditions or situations arise, the individual will consult with the supervisor about what course to follow. In addition, this individual will problem solve when problems arise in task administration.
This individual must be able to explain tasks to participants in a way that facilitates the participant's being able to complete the study.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging scans for human subjects.
- Test participants using cognitive and/or neuropsychological test.
- Assist with data processing.
- Maintain participant files.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years in a related field or a bachelor’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and technical skills.
- Ability to be meticulous when dealing with data.
- Extensive computer skills.
- Ability to make initial decisions about issues with participants that would cause them to not be able to complete a research study.
- Ability to problem solve when problems arise in task administration.
The hiring range for this position is $12.89 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Ability to travel to and from the Danforth campus to the Medical School campus to collect fMRI data is required.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Psychological & Brain Sciences - 45621
Job ID: 45621
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time