Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I (PRN) - Ob/Gyn - 49590 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from the supervisor, manager or higher-level technician.
Dr. Kommagani’s research is primarily focused on understanding the cellular, biochemical, and molecular mechanisms that underlie reproductive tract physiology and pathophysiologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the investigator or higher-level technician with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Background in molecular biology and in using rodent models.
- Prior lab experience with tissue culture and mouse handling.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry.
- Experience working with frozen and paraffin-embedded tissue.
- Working knowledge of standard lab equipment.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to learn fast and communicate effectively.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I (PRN) - Ob/Gyn - 49590
Job ID: 49590
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand
Regular/Temporary: Not Applicable