Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Pediatrics Newborn Medicine - 45354 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Newborn Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher-level technician with preparation of media and reagents, set-up and maintenance of equipment and routine tests and assays including collection of data.
- Prepares media and reagents for the laboratory.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions and protocols.
- Experience with basic molecular biology and microbiology techniques is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports; working knowledge of computer software preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.89 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Pediatrics Newborn Medicine - 45354
Job ID: 45354
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time