Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Nutritional Science - 46942 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nutritional Science. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from the supervisor, manager or higher-level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous laboratory experience in western blotting, genotyping, mammalian cell culture and qPCR is highly desired.
- Experience with taking care of and handling animals.
- Attention to details and thorough recordkeeping.
- Ability to communicate effectively with investigators and staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
The hiring range for this position is $12.89 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Nutritional Science - 46942
Job ID: 46942
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time