Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I - Anesthesiology WU Pain Center - 46131 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology WU Pain Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from the supervisor, manager or higher-level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the investigator or higher-level technician with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with behavioral neuroscience experiments using animal models.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to handle rodents.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
The hiring range for this position is $12.89 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Anesthesiology WU Pain Center - 46131
Job ID: 46131
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time