Washington University of St. Louis Research Lab Supervisor - Psychiatry - 47962 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Neurogenomics and Informatics Center uses high throughput multi-omic approaches to understand the biology of neurodegeneration with emphasis in Alzheimer and Parkinson Disease. The Neurogenomics and Informatics Center is a quickly growing group looking for an experienced laboratory supervisor that can work diligently in a team environment.
The Lab Supervisor performs and oversees research projects or laboratory processes. This position also oversees other personnel and equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory administrative functions, such as scheduling, purchasing and establishing record keeping systems.
- Supervises laboratory staff assigned, assuring appropriate study procedures, review of staff work, explaining policies and procedures and screening of new employees.
- Develops procedure manuals and operational/technical guidelines for lab studies.
- Participates in lab study processes, maintaining records and preparing reports as required.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards following CAP and Part11 rules.
Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of lab experience, including supervisory responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling seven years.
- Master’s degree with three or more years of lab experience, including supervisory responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling seven years.
- Expertise in CAP and Part11 certifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Lab Supervisor - Psychiatry - 47962
Job ID: 47962
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time