Washington University of St. Louis Radiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
A Staff Scientist position in Biomedical Image Analytics is available at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology (MIR) department. The successful candidate will be a member of a highly interdisciplinary team of investigators including clinicians, biologists, engineers, and imaging scientists and will be part of an image data science team. Position is responsible for facilitating and implementing image analytics pipelines for ongoing multi-disciplinary imaging research projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following instructions and discussions with principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Oversees the collection and organization of preclinical or clinical medical image datasets (PET, MR, CT).
- Develops appropriate QA/QC protocols to ensure the integrity of analytic pipelines.
- Plans and implements image processing and analysis pipelines using existing computational modules.
- Develops new computational tools/pipelines as needed.
- Communicates image processing and analyses results to scientific collaborators
- Performs statistical analyses of the image-derived data working together with other researchers in the lab.
- Prepares and submits manuscripts as well as attend national meetings to communicate research findings.
Master’s degree with 4 years of experience in research lab operations or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 9 years required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree, preferably in computer science, statistics, biomedical engineering, mathematics or a related discipline with background in computational methods is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in image processing/analytics, data optimization, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics and knowledge in programming (MATLAB, C/C++, Python).
- Experience in data mining, machine learning, pattern analysis is a plus.
- Experience medical imaging instruments and methods (i.e., CT, MRI, PET).
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist (Biomedical Image Analytics) - Radiology - 41923
Job ID: 41923
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time