Washington University of St. Louis Pulmonary in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Under the direction of a Research Coordinator or PI, participates in clinical research study activities; screens, obtains consent, and enrolls in study; performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, documentation, and reporting of clinical research data.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the recruitment of study participants as identified in related protocol; visits with study participants to explain study, screens for eligibility and obtains informed consent of participants
- Completes all necessary paperwork/documentation according to study protocol; obtains consent and interviews study subjects/schedules/follow-up
- Performs basic/scripted assessments to confirm eligibility to participate in study; explains and schedules laboratory and diagnostic procedures and/or treatment as required in the study; refers participants to basic resources as necessary
- Collects data from study participants, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources; performs basic evaluation and interpretation of collected data and prepares appropriate reports and documentation as necessary; prepares and distributes study packets and information
- Assists with other duties as assigned by research team
High school diploma plus 2 years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; Associate’s degree or 2 years of college may substitute for experience
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organization skills.
The hiring range for this position is $16.90 - $21.13 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Pulmonary - 40217
Job ID: 40217
Location: Medical School