Washington University of St. Louis Public Health Research Coordinator II - Surgery - 49646 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. The position is located at the Taylor Avenue Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigator as a coordinator of a complex research study or may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously; acting as a liaison with the school, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely manages the implementation of all phases of a study/protocol; assists with development of recruitment plan; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; monitors participants’ progress in the study and records results into study database.
- Routinely recruits and enrolls study participants. Screens participants via interview and/or reviews pertinent medical records to determine eligibility based on established study guidelines, prepares informational packets for study participants; explains purpose of the study and obtains consent. May prepare orders for incentives (gift cards) and be responsible for submission of tracking documentation.
- Investigates and reports adverse events as necessary; meets regularly with investigator to update on study status and determines when to notify investigator of emergent issues; works with investigator and HRPO to resolve any protocol management issues.
- Routinely ensures timely completion of all protocol requirements. Schedules visits and administers and scores tests/surveys.
- Evaluates data and performs standard statistical analysis under the direction of the Investigator; confers with PI regarding interpretation of results and modification of study design as necessary.
- Prepares oral and written presentation/reports outlining research progress, recommendations and/or conclusions to division and research team staff. May schedule staff meetings, assist with agendas and record meeting minutes.
- Conducts literature reviews.
- Assists Investigator with grant and manuscript preparations.
- Reviews journal articles, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies.
- Assists Investigator in development of new research projects.
- Coordinates the development of forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study implementation, data collection, entry and analysis.
- Manages the HRPO submission and approval process, assists in preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Provides support of other study activities as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a health or research related field with two years of relevant research experience obtained through practicum or employment; a combination of relevant work and education equaling six years may substitute for this requirement.
- Two years’ experience in public health, epidemiological, behavioral medicine, psychological, sociological, clinical or urban planning research.
- Familiarity with statistical software or Geographic Information Systems.
- Data management and analytic skills, particularly experience managing or analyzing large data sets.
- Solid communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $20.83 - $26.06 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Public Health Research Coordinator II - Surgery - 49646
Job ID: 49646
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time