Washington University of St. Louis Public Health Research Coordinator I - Surgery - Public Health Sciences - 42723 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery, Division of Public Health Sciences. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigator as a coordinator of a basic to moderately complex research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously; acting as a liaison with the school, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of all phases of a study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; monitors participants’ progress in the study and records results into study database.
- Routinely reviews pertinent medical records to determine eligibility for retrospective research studies.
- Routinely ensures timely completion of all protocol requirements.
- May evaluate data and perform basic statistical analysis under the supervision of the Investigator.
- Assists Research Lab Manager with grant preparation (Budgets and case eligibility).
- Enters pertinent medical data into Registry database.
- Sorts, copies and files data records.
- Assists with editing and retrieval of study data.
- May assist with tracking study completion, submission of invoices and payment receipts.
Bachelor’s degree in a health or research related field with relevant research experience obtained through practicum or employment.
- One year experience in public health, epidemiological, behavioral medicine, psychological, sociological, clinical or urban planning research preferred.
- Familiarity with statistical software preferred
- Data management and analytic skills; solid communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $17.23 - $21.55 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Public Health Research Coordinator I - Surgery - Public Health Sciences - 42723
Job ID: 42723
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time