Washington University of St. Louis Psychological & Brain Sciences in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the department of Psychological & Brain Sciences on the Danforth Campus.
The Diversity Science Lab (PI: Calvin Lai) is looking to hire a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to contribute to the research program of the Diversity Science Lab by conducting research in implicit social cognition, attitude change, and intergroup relations. The term of the appointment is two years. Strong applicants will have:
- Expertise with building lab and web-based psychology studies.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire understanding of implicit attitudes, social cognition, and intergroup relations.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and interpreting response latency data and related social behaviors.
- Topical expertise in social cognition, particularly measurement of attitudes and beliefs.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects, as evidenced by first-author publications.
- Evidence of ability to collaborate with colleagues beyond the PhD-granting University.
- Experience in research design, participant recruitment, data management, statistical analysis, and scientific writing, and an interest in mentoring junior lab members in these areas.
- A commitment to reproducible and transparent research practices.
This appointee has earned a Ph.D. in Psychology or related field.
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to contribute to the research program of the Diversity Science Lab by conducting research in implicit social cognition, attitude change, and intergroup relations.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should submit a cover letter that describes research interests and a curriculum vitae with a list of publication and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject for the email "Postdoc Application: [Your Name]".
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Psychological & Brain Sciences - 40337
Job ID: 40337
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time