Precoat Metals Product Quality Lab Technician in St. Louis, Missouri
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
Use your quality control manufacturing lab experience to join the team at our South St. Louis plant. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring we are producing a quality product by implementing proper standards and physical test requirements to production. You will also be responsible for insuring coatings are applied within specifications & help insure optimum paint usage through daily audits. You will use your quality control experience in ensuring the following:
- Conduct physical quality testing.
- Maintain paint standard files.
- Maintain physical test files
- Responsible for various in-house quality control audit checks and testing methods.
- Audit daily paint usage.
- Audit daily paint DF control.
- Audit color and gloss trending.
- Audit requested paint vendor changes on specific coatings.
- Monitor coating film thickness and conversion coating weights during all production.
- Assist as backup to the manufacturing line.
As the successful, Product Quality Lab Tech, you will have a minimum of a High School diploma and 2+ years of experience in a quality role preferably in the steel, coating or manufacturing industry. You will also have the following:
- Accuracy with details, regulatory, legal or requirement, timely and concise record keeping.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to speak with hourly production workers, management and vendors.
- Multi-taker within the ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be computer literate, familiar with the Windows Operating system.
- Must be able to work various shifts in a plant environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace
Videos To Watch