Aclaris Therapeutics Principal Scientist in St. Louis, Missouri
We are Aclaris Therapeutics – committed to meeting the needs of patients with skin and hair conditions with innovative treatments that define new standards of care in dermatology and immunology.
We are currently seeking a Principal Scientist to join our growing team in St. Louis, MO.
This position is for an independent drug discovery scientist to focus on the design and execution of projects in their area of expertise. This position will utilize training in biological, immunological, biochemical, medicinal chemistry or bioanalytical analysis in the context of drug discovery. In this position, you will drive focused internal and contract drug discovery and biological research as part of a team of scientists, addressing complex scientific questions in a fluid team environment. Efficient and effective execution is critical.
This position will specialize in one of three main areas of responsibility: Biochemistry, Biology or Chemistry. Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect to assume in this position are listed below:
• Technology and/or project leadership for internal and/or external projects
• Planning and execution of biologic or chemical research studies
• Independently develop and validate assays including automation and execution
• Effective data analysis, interpretation and impact planning
• Organic synthesis
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Development of project plans and effective participation in SOW generation and execution
• Coordinate equipment and supply needs/purchases
• Grant writing, manuscript preparation and external presentation
• Presentations and report writing both internal and with customers and other stake holders
Ph.D. with 2+ years experience or B.S./M.S. scientist with 8+ years relevant drug discovery experience
• Understanding of the theory of drug:target interactions and/or target inhibition
• Ability to independently design, develop and execute new approaches and effectively apply traditional approaches to drug design and biological analysis
• Viewed as an emerging expert in field of study
• Work across lines, interface effectively with project teams, chemistry leadership, company management and customers
• Effectively communicate complex data and concepts to the broader organization
What We Provide:
At Aclaris Therapeutics, we are proud to offer if eligible, a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including the following:
Company Sponsored Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
14 Paid Holidays
401(k) with a generous match!
Free Snacks Daily!
Catered lunches and other fun events!
Hands-on management to provide comprehensive training and professional development
Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity.
External Company Name: Confluence Discovery Technologies
External Company URL: https://www.confluencediscovery.com/
Street: 4320 Forest Park Avenue