Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Associate - Physics - 48681 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Physics and is on the Danforth Campus in the School of Arts & Sciences.
This position assists in developing and conducting research projects related with low temperature measurement of quantum materials, including experiment design, data analysis and documentation of experiment results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following instruction and discussions with principal investigator - designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification, and management of data.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics and prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to research project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD degree with three years of experience in research lab operations.
- Skills for low temperature electric transport measurements in the mK range.
- Preferably a PhD in condensed matter physics.
The salary for this position is $50,004 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, list of publications, a brief statement of research interests (maximum 2 pages) and arrange for three letters of reference to be submitted via e-mail to Dr. Sheng Ran (email@example.com). Applicants are also required to complete an online form on www.jobs.wustl.edu.
- May work in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment as needed.
- Ability to travel to on and off campus locations.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Physics - 48681
Job ID: 48681
Location: School of Arts & Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time