Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neurology - 49292 in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The appointment is viewed as a training or transitional period preparatory to an academic, industrial, governmental, or other full-time research or teaching career. Used when the appointee performs specific services on a grant or contract in exchange for compensation. The appointment is of limited duration generally, not to exceed five years cumulatively unless there are extenuating circumstances.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Trains under the supervision of a faculty mentor, including (but not limited to):
- Manages their own project, which should lead to a first author publication.
- Develops proficiency in their chosen scientific discipline/field.
- Develops proficiency in their technical skills.
- Develops proficiency in their ancillary skills, e.g. writing, public speaking, networking, critical evaluation of scientific documents, etc.
- Presents scientific work both inside and outside the University.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Assists in the design of research experiments.
- Evaluates research findings and assists in the reporting of the results.
- Maintains conscientious discharge of their research responsibilities.
- Maintains conformity with ethical standards in research.
- Maintains compliance with good laboratory practice, including the maintenance of adequate research records.
- Engages in open and timely discussion with their mentor regarding possession or distribution of material, reagents, or records belonging to their laboratory and any proposed disclosure of findings or techniques privately or in publications.
- Maintains collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Adheres to all applicable University policies, procedures and regulations. All data, research records and materials and other intellectual property generated in University laboratories remain the property of the University.
Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent terminal or doctoral degree.
- Background or interest in protein homeostasis in relationship to degenerative diseases, such as dementia, ALS and muscular dystrophies.
- Demonstrated ability to implement laboratory procedures, analyze samples with mass spectrometry, conduct research and record findings.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should email a CV and letters of reference to Dr. Weihl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs.
This position has potential exposure to blood, biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neurology - 49292
Job ID: 49292
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time