Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neurology - 41547 in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Seeking a qualified individual to contribute to scientific project involving multiple sclerosis. Person will perform assays with human samples using multi-dimensional flow cytometry and engage in human research. Animal modeling will take place, involving use of mice and mouse tissues exploring the immunopathogenesis of multiple sclerosis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher-level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for mouse colony organization including handling, breeding and screening, and maintenance of a mouse database.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs independent cell culture and flow cytometry assays.
- Independently performs data analysis of flow cytometry and cell culture.
- Presents results of work by generating manuscripts for publication and participating in seminars both within and outside the home institution.
PhD or equivalent (MD or doctorate in veterinary medicine, e.g.).
- Demonstrated ability to perform scientific duties independently.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software preferred.
- Must be able to work with animals.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Send a CV, three references, and at most three representative publications to Dr. Gregory Wu @ email@example.com.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neurology - 41547
Job ID: 41547
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time