Washington University of St. Louis Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of settings; works under physician oversight as required by state regulation, and functions within the scope of practice defined by the NP’s specialty certification, BJH medical by-laws, and, where it exists, the collaborative practice agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care to include obtaining patient history, performing patient assessment via observation, interview and examination; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies; performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care; provides direct treatment and management of acute and chronic disease conditions; develops and implements patient-centered plan of care in collaboration with physicians, patients, consultants, nurses, ancillary care providers, and others as appropriate to the patient’s condition
- Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources; may perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification and state regulations
- May bill for services covered by collaborative practice agreement
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
- Monitors/ensures accuracy of patient medical records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards
- Provides management services for clinical research study projects; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and family/patient education
- Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Regularly participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
- Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program.
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire; Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty
The hiring range for this position is $78,145 - $109,408 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology - 40457
Job ID: 40457
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time