Washington University of St. Louis Pediatrics Genetics & Genomics in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Genetics & Genomics. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with histology based research studies, experiments, preparation of material, and documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments involving histology, staining and microscopy.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
Equivalent of bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of experience in laboratory operations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform histology, immunostaining and quantitative microscopy strongly preferred.
- Ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings, with focus on pursuit of advanced education in field.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Pediatrics Genetics & Genomics - 42091
Job ID: 42091
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time