Washington University of St. Louis Pediatrics Cardiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Cardiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides pediatric cardiac care to infants/children with congenital and acquired heart disease. Works under physician oversight as required by state regulation, and functions within the scope of practice defined by the NP’s specialty certification, and the collaborative practice agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care on both the inpatient and outpatient service to include: obtaining patient history; performing patient assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders appropriate diagnostic studies. Develops a plan of care in collaboration with attending physician.
- Extensive discharge planning and follow-up care for infants and children with complex congenital heart disease.
- May bill for services covered by collaborative practice agreement.
- Serves on the SLCH Charity Care Committee to review requests for charity care for children with medical conditions outside of the United States.
- Responsible for interacting and developing plans of care for infants and children with multiple medical problems and complex social situations.
- Coordinates care of infants and children with complex heart disease and difficult social situations between Ranken Jordan Rehabilitation Hospital and the Cardiology division.
- Responsible for training and mentoring Cardiology fellows.
- Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care.
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program.
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire; Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty
The hiring range for this position is $78,146 - $109,408 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Pediatrics Cardiology - 41193
Job ID: 41193
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time