Washington University of St. Louis Pathology/Immunology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pathology/Immunology, Division of Cytogenetics. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides laboratory and customer service support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine assays according to laboratory standard operating procedures, including instrument maintenance and minor troubleshooting; may perform special assays with supervision by a senior medical technologist or supervisor.
- Recognizes problem situations and participates in problem solving; informs supervisor of unusual situations and requests technical assistance.
- May assist with validation of new assays; compiles data for supervisory review; utilizes database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Complies with all regulatory and client requirements for testing and documentation.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of assay methods and clinical relevance; participates in relevant continuing education.
- Assists supervisor with other duties and special projects as needed.
Associate’s degree (MLT).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in the biological, medical sciences or equivalent.
- Must meet minimum requirements to perform high complexity laboratory testing personnel as defined by CLIA 493.1489.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail, completing tasks accurately.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
- General laboratory experience and knowledge of lab safety procedures and safe handling of specimens preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $16.90 - $21.13 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- High traffic clinical laboratory with potential exposure to blood and bodily fluids when receiving/handling patient specimens.
- Some pressure caused by patient care demands.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Lab Technician - Pathology/Immunology - Cytogenetics - 40273
Job ID: 40273
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time