Washington University of St. Louis Ob/Gyn in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn - Research & Operations. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for overall clinical research study planning, coordinating, and execution of all study-related activities, including extensive interaction with the Internal Review Board (IRB), study sponsors, and investigators.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the management of the Division of Clinical Research and the day-to-day functions of the division
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing, and review of clinical research staff, including salary sourcing decisions with participation of investigators
- Makes recommendations and participates in the development of and implements decisions and policies and procedures for the clinical research division
- Oversees federal and sponsor funding; monitors financial performance of the clinical research division against operating budget
- Monitors compliance of the clinical research division with the IRB, federal mandates, and grant compliance; identifies areas needing improvement and suggests solutions to problems
- Assists with compliance monitoring and audits
- Aids in the strategic planning of the Division of Clinical Research
- Responsible for research education and training of clinical research staff to include the development of a research manuals and training program to maintain research compliance
- Acts as liaison in matters relating to clinical research activities between the department, the School of Medicine, and external agencies
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of 4 years of experience in management, and direct experience in research-related activities.
- Knowledge of grant compliance and FDA regulations preferred; accounting experience and familiarity with University systems preferred
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; ability to organize or schedule people or tasks, to develop realistic plans while being sensitive to the needs of different constituencies, time constraints, and resource availability; ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and effectively, presenting ideas, documenting activities, reading and interpreting written information such as federal, state, and internal guidelines and requirements
The hiring range for this position is $69,930 - $90,979 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Division of Clinical Research - Ob/Gyn - Research & Operations - 41226
Job ID: 41226
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time