Washington University of St. Louis OB/GYN Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of OB/GYN Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*Washington University is seeking a candidate who has an interest in coordinating clinical research studies within the specialty of OB/GYN Oncology. If you are looking for a day shift nursing position that integrates patient care with research nursing responsibilities, this position could be the one you are looking for. *
Position functions as a research nurse on therapeutic clinical trials; coordinates study procedures to provide available subjects, consistent with study procedures and techniques and verified documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patients; documents, collects data, and assists physicians
- Works with staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensures lab and data are obtained according to established protocol
- Trains and supervises staff assigned to work on the research project
- Coordinates handling of specimens, administration of clinical trials, collection of source information, and case reporting
- Prepares/submits event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget, and established guidelines
- Assists research associates from sponsoring organization, providing study explanations and reports as necessary
- Authorizes payments to ancillary organizations for services received and accounts for payments from organization serviced
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with 2 years of related nursing or research experience
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act;
- Basic Life Support certification.
The hiring range for this position is $48,401- $67,683 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Overview of Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Missouri Nursing Professional Licensure or ability to obtain
- 2+ years of current nursing experience is required
- A plus would include working knowledge of the terminology and methodologies used within Clinical Research projects
- Strong computer skills utilizing a spreadsheet and database
- Clinical experience with OB/GYN, Oncology or OB/GYN Oncology is highly preferred
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Nurse Coordinator l - OB/GYN Oncology - 41606
Job ID: 41606
Location: Medical School