Washington University of St. Louis Neuroscience in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Zhao Laboratory located in the Department of Neuroscience. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Zhao lab focuses on gene transcriptional regulation during normal brain development and in various disease conditions. We apply cutting edge genomic technologies to understand the transcriptional regulatory networks in the brain.
A full-time postdoctoral research position is immediately available, with a primary focus on the analysis of large genomic datasets. The position will involve analyzing various large-scale genomic data (e.g. RNA-seq, Hi-C, ChIP-seq, single cell RNA-seq, single cell ATAC-seq etc.), developing novel analytic methods, collaborating with bench scientists and communicating research results through publications and presentations.
- Candidates should have a PhD (or equivalent doctorate) in genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or related areas.
- Alternatively, an MD with appropriate prior research experience may apply. There should be evidence of a strong quantitative research background with experience in programming and statistics.
- Experience in next-generation sequencing data analysis, large scale data analysis (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C, single cell RNA-seq), and comparative genomics.
- Experience with the relevant sequence analysis tools (e.g. STAR, Bowtie, BLAST, sequence assembler etc).
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Perl, Python).
- Experience in working in a Linux/UNIX environment, experience with cluster computing is a plus.
- Experience with statistical genetics and/or statistical modeling approaches, Familiarity with R programming language.
- Knowledge, background, or experience in molecular biology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
To ensure full consideration, interested candidates should send curriculum vitae, resume, and cover letter to:
Dr. Guoyan Zhao, firstname.lastname@example.org
Include 'Post-doc Search’ in the e-mail subject field.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neuroscience - 41194
Job ID: 41194
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time