Washington University of St. Louis Neurology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
This is a full-time position in a Department of Neurology laboratory studying molecules involved in Parkinson disease and dementia. Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials, mouse husbandry and maintenance of mouse colonies, histology, molecular biology, and organization/maintenance of records.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains mouse colonies.
- Assists with small animal surgical procedures and dissections.
- Sections small animal tissue using microtome.
- Performs immunohistochemical staining of tissue and image analysis of brain pathology.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files pertinent to research project.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and routine cleaning/maintenance and maintains required documentation.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with major in science and at least one year of independent study or full-time employment in biomedical research is preferred.
- Small animal handling experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $13.79 - $18.62 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Neurology - 40422
Job ID: 40422
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time