Washington University of St. Louis Neurology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at McMillian Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a basic to semi-complex clinical research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; identifies problems and/or inconsistencies and monitors participant’s progress to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Recruits and enrolls study participants; confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain informed consent; explains diagnostic procedures and treatment plans to address participant/family concerns; administers/scores tests and/or evaluates all lab and clinical assessments to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
- Collects clinical data under clinical research protocols.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree required; prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred.
- A combination of relevant work and education equaling 4 years may substitute for this requirement.
Health Science degree such as an MA, LPN, or RN highly preferred.
Working knowledge of computer programs and systems, with communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $41,662 - $52,104 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Neurology - 39952
Job ID: 39952
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time