Washington University of St. Louis Neurology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
This opportunity is a full-time position in the Department of Neurology studying proteins involved in Neurodegenerative diseases. Position includes assisting investigators with the technical aspects of mouse husbandry, documentation, and experiments related to molecular biology/biochemistry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator in maintaining mouse colony including breeding, weaning, genotyping and record keeping.
- Assists investigator with research studies, experiments, and preparation of solutions; performs sterile cell culture techniques; performs PCR, qPCR, restriction digest, plasmid purification, and gel electrophoresis; and maintains a detailed lab notebook containing research data.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or other related area highly preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with background in the biological sciences and those applicants with prior laboratory experience and/or coursework.
- Demonstrated the ability to perform basic laboratory techniques including, pipetting, dilutions, a firm understanding of molarities and maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $12.70 - $15.97 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Neurology - 42307
Job ID: 42307
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time