Washington University of St. Louis Neurology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Department Contact for all clinical trial contracts, amendments, and service agreements. Liaison to Center for Clinical Studies for all clinical trial related and contract matters. Internal and external contact for the Department to include Clinical Trial contract execution, pricing, billing, compliance, and budgets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews study protocols, builds budget estimates in the Billing Matrix, and determines study feasibility. Reviews budget estimate with Financial Planning Manager, Principal Investigator and/or study team.
- Prepares site budgets to negotiate with Sponsor ensuring all expenses and Departmental requirements are appropriately negotiated.
- Maintains the Clinical Trial Sourcing Account by transferring funds to satisfy annual personnel expenses. Prepares quarterly reports, provides updates to Financial Planning Manager and Principal Investigators.
- Ensures all clinical trial revenue is invoiced and collected in a timely manner. Invoices and ensures all payments are received per terms of the contract. Meets with Principal Investigators and/or study team to update on progress of clinical trial financial funding and provide monthly reconciliation reports.
- Analyzes study payments and milestones to determine all billing activity has occurred and data entered for billing. Provides support to research coordinators to ensure all billing activity is accounted for.
- Clinical Research Billing Liaison-Coordinates with regulatory staff to ensure study budget and consents clearly identify what procedures are paid by the study and which are Standard of Care.
- Initial contact for all new clinical trial studies. Follow contract through to execution.
- Prepares report and makes transfers of departmental overhead from clinical trial payments to department fund via AIS.
- Creates Budget adjustments, journals, check requests, and inter-departmental invoices, and payroll sourcing changes related to clinical trials.
- Ensures billing compliance and facilitates data sharing between the University and Hospital billing matrix, a process for determining standard of care vs. research funded patient billing.
- Obtains pricing for study procedures from other University Departments, including BJH and SLCH. Determines research fee schedule for Neurology procedures to other departments. Develops process for department to receive payment for services provided as part of study.
- Utilize and analyze data gathered from a variety of systems, including AIS, HRMS, RAPS, and WebFocus to develop financial reports and clinical trial database.
- Closes clinical trial funds via AIS and transfers funds as per Department guidelines.
- Reviews patient account charges to make sure appropriately billed to study sponsor or patient insurance. Resolves billing issues and communicates to appropriate department or Hospital when needed. Determines procedures and policies for preventing billing errors. Reviews write off reports to ensure compliance.
- Attends Departmental and School Research Administration meetings.
Equivalent of a BS in business/accounting related fielded with more than 5 years of experience in finance/budgets and business management areas.
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum 3 year experience in budgeting, contract negotiations, financial analysis, or an equivalent combination and experience.
- Working knowledge of AIS, HRMS, RAPS, FOCUS, IDX, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Effective analytic skills with experience in research administration and accounting.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, and be self-driven.
The hiring range for this position is $47,029 - $59,987 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Analyst Financial /Project Mgmt. II - Neurology - 42139
Job ID: 42139
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time