Washington University of St. Louis Neuroimaging Research Technician II - Neurology - 48669 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position will be a central part of a major multi-site stroke genetics project with the primary responsibility for managing and coordinating the brain imaging data from multiple worldwide sites and assisting with analyses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate, collate, and assist with quality control of imaging data from multiple sites into a centralized imaging repository.
- Extract important stroke outcomes from brain imaging and clinical records.
- Test and deploy an image analysis pipeline capable of analyzing important phenotypes from collected brain imaging data.
- Analyze volumetric results from serial images after stroke to model and understand the course of brain swelling and other phenotypes.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Some college and one year of related experience in imaging research.
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical ability, including effective skills in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Research experience
- Knowledge of neuroscience
- Experience in data/computing
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Neuroimaging Research Technician II - Neurology - 48669
Job ID: 48669
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time