Washington University of St. Louis Neuroimaging Engineer - Neurology - 41010 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This researcher will be tasked with creating, refining, and maintaining image analysis algorithms and pipelines for the stroke genetics group at Washington University School of Medicine.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Refining an image processing pipeline capable of high-throughput analysis of brain imaging (primarily CT) data from thousands of stroke patients
- Creating and refining automated algorithms to extract phenotypes and volumetric measurements from brain CT scans of stroke patients
- Integrating results of brain imaging analysis with clinical and biologic data to perform statistical analyses, data visualization, and detect meaningful associations
- Supervise the centralized storage and ensure the integrity of large volumes of imaging data
- Performing image analysis using existing pipelines and algorithms
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in computer science or related field highly preferred.
- Experience in similar research labs or environments.
- Proficient in MATLAB, Python, and statistical packages such as R or SAS.
- Highly organized with ability to manage time and work independently.
The hiring range for this position is $50,294 - $65,374 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Neuroimaging Engineer - Neurology - 41010
Job ID: 41010
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time