Washington University of St. Louis Medical Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a semi-complex clinical research study; may be responsible for numerous research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Confers with PI to assist in developing plans for research projects and discuss the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Coordinates the development of forms, questionnaires, and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study progress, data collection and coding; reviews journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies.
- Implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; identifies problems and/or inconsistencies and monitors participant’s progress to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling 6 years may substitute for this requirement.
- SOCRA or ACRP certification required within 12 months of hire or at the time of eligibility.
- Some experience in a medical office preferred.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $47,195 - $58,989 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Medical Oncology - 41328
Job ID: 41328
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time