Washington University of St. Louis Medical Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medical Oncology. The position is located at Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position functions as the clinical research nurse coordinator responsible for coordination and implementation of assigned clinical trials within DT program; coordinates study procedures with the clinical teams to provide study treatments to available subjects, consistent with study procedures and techniques and verified documentation; Ensures clinical and research staff providing services mandated by research protocols are in compliance with protocol mandates.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps clinical teams provide patient care consistent with protocol requirements, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patients; documents, collects data, and assists physicians.
- Ensures initial and ongoing eligibility of all subjects for assigned research studies including obtaining lab and clinical data are according to established protocols. Helps infusion center nurses provide care according to protocol directives.
- Trains and oversees staff assigned to work on the research project.
- Coordinates handling of specimens, administrative duties related to clinical trials, collection of source information, and case reporting.
- Prepares/submits event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget, and established guidelines.
- Assists research associates from sponsoring organization, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with 2 years of related nursing or research experience.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Clinical research certification.
- 2 years in a clinical research nurse experience highly desired.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software.
- Collaborates in the development of recruitment strategies to ensure patient accrual within protocol timeframes.
- Data collection/document maintenance: Ensures collection of pertinent data from internal & external sources and monitors compliance with requirements of assigned clinical trials. Applies pharmacological knowledge to assist the investigator in determining adverse event causality and relationship to study drug/procedure. Identifies protocol deviations.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of the clinical research process.
- Demonstrates ability to integrate new clinical trials with current research activity.
- Quality Assurance: Monitors study team compliance with required study procedures & GCP standards. Performs/monitors ongoing evaluation regarding clinical research studies, including toxicities, dose modifications, dose levels, adverse reactions, and response. Participates in sponsor/cooperative group/internal audits/monitoring. Assists with development & review of institutional SOPs pertaining to performance of clinical research.
- Maintains records of regulatory correspondences including faxes, e-mails, IRB or FDA submissions, etc.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $53,165 - $74,443 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Nurse Coordinator ll - Medical Oncology - 41230
Job ID: 41230
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time