Washington University of St. Louis Medical Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator will play a central role in the management and safe execution of Oncology clinical trials.
The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator reports directly to the INSERT TITLE. S/he is part of a team dedicated to working collaboratively with physicians, nurse coordinators/managers, treatment room nurses, Clinical Research Coordinators, Investigational Drug Service Pharmacists and the EPIC (Beacon/Willow) build team in support of Oncology clinical trials conducted on an inpatient or outpatient basis. The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator, in collaboration with the Principal Investigator, disease team and the study team, will have primary responsibility for the therapeutic clinical research content development of all therapeutic/interventional protocols that will guide Willow and Beacon build as part of the EPIC Electronic Health Record.
The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator will use comprehensive knowledge of therapeutic clinical research studies to develop clear, timely and comprehensive protocol-specific content, (including but not limited to detailed delivery instructions for all required pre-medications, supportive therapy, scans, labs and investigational drugs) for all assigned research studies in support of the EPIC Beacon/Willow build teams. The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator, in partnership with the disease team, Study Team and the EPIC Beacon/Willow build teams, will ensure that all research-related content in the EPIC EHR is accurate and up-to-date for both new and ongoing clinical trials.
This individual will bring expertise to the coordination and completion of complex electronic order-set builds to support the day-to-day clinical research operations. The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provide excellent customer service to the research community.
This Position Specification indicates the critical features of this role as presently envisioned, but is subject to change at any time. This position may be asked to perform other duties as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with Principal Investigator, disease team and Study Team to develop comprehensive protocol-specific content, (including but not limited to detailed delivery instructions for all required pre-medications, supportive therapy, scans, labs and investigational drug) for assigned research studies.
- Coordinates across multiple disciplines to ensure that care instructions are consistent with the scope of practice of each discipline, clear, comprehensive and in keeping with standard operating procedure. Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality care.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date tracking and status of all projects, from assignment through completion. Reviews status with management and peers as appropriate. Proactively communicates challenges and escalates appropriately to ensure that assigned projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Actively participates, as a member of the content development team, on the development of new and efficient workflows to ensure timely delivery of content and facilitation of required validations.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork among all members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through involvement in professional continuing education activities.
- Adheres to all professional and regulatory standards. Complies with all applicable regulations and policies; ensures that work is performed in a safe and compliant manner; completes all required training on time and maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs.
- BSN and a Current RN License, OCN license preferred, OR be a Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy. However, experienced clinical research professionals with other backgrounds will also be considered.
- 5 Years of experience as an RN, Clinical Research related to clinical trials, or Pharmacist working in an academic environment preferred, or equivalent combination of education and clinical research experience.
- BS Pharmacy Degree or PharmD preferred.
- OCN License.
- Previous experience as either a clinical research RN OR clinical research pharmacist preferred.
- EPIC certification, preferably in both Beacon and Willow.
- EPIC Beacon Build Experience, preferably at least 1 year.
- Familiarity with EPIC and the delivery of care within the EPIC environment.
- The individual must be a self-starter with formidable organizational skills, outstanding verbal communication skills on an individual and group basis, a high energy level, a pro-active approach to task completion and problem resolution, excellent writing skills, strong computer skills, and a highly professional appearance and demeanor with a demonstrated ability to interact with physicians.
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage multiple, complex projects on schedule. Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality and compliance with established project standards.
- Able to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
The hiring range for this position is $59,800 - $83,720 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: EPIC Protocol Content Administrator - Medical Oncology - 40923
Job ID: 40923
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time