Washington University of St. Louis Medical Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for coordinating the care of patients for a designated service throughout the continuum of care. Serves as a clinical resource in the area of specialty or expertise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients. Completes health history and physical examination on patients. Conveys findings to physician.
- Coordinates patient care, orders diagnostic tests, conveys findings to physician, attends inpatient rounds, coordinates patient appointments and assists with referrals to outside sources.
- Assists physician and provides support with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Performs a variety of nursing administrative duties including compliance with environmental safety regulations, infection control standards and quality assurance.
- Acts as liaison and team leader by facilitating communication and coordination of care between patients, families and health team members. Explains routines and procedures to patients and coordinates patient care information to appropriate sources.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with 2 years of nursing experience.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act;
- Basic Life Support certification.
- 3 - 5 years of nursing experience.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $53,164 - $74,443 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Medical Oncology - 38173
Job ID: 38173
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time