Washington University of St. Louis Medical Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This opportunity is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This opportunity is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology and is for the Medical School Campus.
There is an opportunity for research in the laboratory of Dr. Jason Held (www.heldlab.org) which studies redox biology in cancer, aging, and other models. Work in the lab includes cell culture and cell-based assays, DNA cloning and molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and some in vivo rodent studies.
Candidates will ideally have at least a bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience in molecular biology and experience in cell/tissue culture experiments and downstream analyses with RNA/DNA expression.
- Experience with CRISPR, Gibson assembly or a strong interest in data analysis and programming is a plus.
- Must have troubleshooting skills, independent analytical thinking and research planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete, detailed and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This opportunity is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Opportunities - Medical Oncology - 41272
Job ID: 41272
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time