Washington University of St. Louis Medical Informaticist II - Institute for Informatics - 49828 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Institute for Informatics. The position is located at 4444 Forest Park. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Medical Informaticist II applies biomedical and informatics knowledge to assist in the design and development of queries to extract data from the Research Data Core. May educate staff and assist in problem solving to promote the implementation of health care IT and data management platforms. This role will include both short-term projects with investigators, as well as longer-term research work in collaboration with external research institutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement or evaluate health information technology applications, tools, processes or structures to assist clinical and research faculty and staff with data collection/extraction.
- Prepare estimates and feasibility analysis of data requests for primary investigators.
- Analyze and interpret information systems data to improve research and clinical services.
- Design, develop, select, test, implement, and evaluate new or modified informatics solutions, data structures, and decision-support mechanisms to support patients, health care professionals, and their information management and human-computer and human-technology interactions within health care contexts.
- Review code written by other team members and ensure accuracy of data pull.
- Develop strategies, policies or procedures for introducing, evaluating or modifying information technology applied to clinical practice, education, administration, or research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree and three or more years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to clinical decision support, medical terminologies, health information systems, or health-related applications.
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science, health informatics or a related clinical field.
- Healthcare and research experience.
- EPIC certification.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills .
- Passion for improving research and clinical decision making and enhanced health care delivery.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,365 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
The I2 Core Services’ data broker team collaborates with BJC Healthcare’s Center for Clinical Excellence (CCE) to provide data brokerage services to BJC, WUSM, and external agencies. The data brokers guide clients through the linkage of data to existing datasets and provide deliverables such as extracted data, analysis, models, code, and various other solutions. The data broker team offers secondary data use and enrichment services that are focused on the extraction of data from electronic health records.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Medical Informaticist II - Institute for Informatics - 49828
Job ID: 49828
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time